Sunday, December 24, 2006

Things Are Never What the Appear They Will Be

So, today was dandy. It could've been smoother, but I assure you, everyone's still living, and nobody really got incredibly mad, just a little pissed, if that makes sense. Jaclyn never came over until later, like, around 5:30. The three of us, my dad, mom, and I, had already started playing Monopoly with Christmas music in the background. I must say, we never feel more like a family than when we're a family without one member. Granted, that's not the nicest way to look at things, because we are still family, we're just happier with one less member.

So, Jaclyn arrived and my mom's grimace never left her face, save those moments that Alexandria, my sister's kid (two years old) was being cute. We still never finished the game of Monopoly, so we'll have to do that later. I hope it doesn't run much further into 10 o'clock because I want to call Gorgeous. But if I don't get to call her, at least I'll see her online tonight and I'll get to call her tomorrow night. We ended up going into my parents' bedroom to quickly wrap some of Jaclyn and Alex's presents so they could each open their one allotted Christmas Eve presents. That's what we do, one on Christmas Eve for each person, you know, to kind of ease the jitters of waiting for all those tempting gifts.

That was a little stressful, because my mom was rushing to get all Jaclyn's wrapped so Jaclyn could go out to that Christmas party that she was heading out to, with Alex. This, we think, isn't the best idea, because Jaclyn is still trying to act like a teenager without a kid. She has no spouse, but a kind of steady boyfriend, yet his parents don't approve of Jaclyn. With her background of hedonism and sin, their religious views do not allow for John to get as close to her as he'd like. But Jaclyn, we think, shouldn't be taking Alex to the party because it is going to go late, and Alex should be eating a regular dinner and get to bed at a reasonable hour, she's two, she needs some form of consistency. But it's not a huge deal, so, no worries.

But yeah, everything's fine for the most part, no hurt feelings or anything. Hopefully I win Monopoly, but if I do my best, maybe I can start an oligarchy with my mom. :-p I miss my Love, as always. You've seen it, is there ever a moment that I don't? I'm not going insane either, because I'm doing stuff, we're playing a game, wrapping gifts, writing this blog. I'm just not left to relax, which is good, because relaxing is bad for me. Unless I'm relaxing with someone I love, then it's fine, because my minds on enjoying that time. But yeah, today wasn't that bad because, Yup, idle hands never arose. I'm just passing the time until next Friday friends, with a slight break in the esperando-ing to spend some time with my "brother" Kevin.

So, tonight, unless something else of importance arises, I leave you until the end of Christmas. So, goodnight all, thank your parents, thank Santa, and thank your lucky stars that life is as interesting as it is. Yup, you heard me.

covertly and overtly yours
Steve

If the plane goes down...then what happens next?

No comments: