Saturday, May 26, 2007

Tomorrow's Saving Grace

Come to me Tomorrow, come to me today, bring your new beginnings and send them all my way. Take away that thug Today and beat him in the head, break his back and punch his gut for that's what he's done to me. Today has beat me senseless and you're my only hope. Tomorrow come and save me and please help me to cope.

Right now, what I feel, is like I am missing the best moments in the life of someone I love. Imagine having a child, your own young, someone for whom you wish a world of happiness and for whom you'll stop at nothing to fulfill their dreams. And you want to be able to give everything to this person, but you find that there are certain times you cannot do that, for the sole fact that it is out of your hands and out of your abilities. Now this young that you care for, you've watched them grow and seen them live, but now a time comes when you can't be with them, when they go off for a night without you to have fun, the fun you wish you could give. What I feel is like missing your son's final little league game because you have to work to feed him when he gets home, or missing your daughter's prom. You'll hear about their great time, you'll hear stories and see pictures, and the whole time you'll have plastered to your face a fake smile covering the pain you feel because you couldn't be there. I s'pose all that matters in the end is that they're happy, but it's difficult to get over knowing that you missed a moment in their life that they'll remember and cherish forever, and you had nothing to do with it. Imagine trying day in and day out to make memories and moments which make them happiest, and them something comes along that does that, and it wasn't you that made them happy. That's what I'm fighting with now, that's why it's tough, that's why today will never exist again.

If the plane goes down...then what happens next?

No comments: