Saturday, May 26, 2007

I Dance For You

I breathe, slowly taking in that which keeps me living, a love from light, breaking apart the stresses of each day and reminding me of the beauty within the world. I hold in deep that life blood, that sense of passion I feel for you, and warm it with each beat of my heart as it courses through my veins and emerges from each graze of my fingertips on your cheek. I steal moments from each day to blink, doing so with a certain willingness born from confidence that with each instant my eyes are closed I will still see your face. I close my mouth and bridle words of emotion for seconds in order to swallow, knowing that as each second passes that I'm not telling you how much I love you I'm imbibing of your faith, of your looks and our love. Each action my body takes, each natural physical motion is driven by us, by the understanding that my life is your life, and that you are my world. This routine, this daily course, this pattern is my schedule and my blueprint; my guide to living, my chalk lines and tape crosses noting my positions on this public stage. It's my cues and my marks for the dance I dance for you. My life is my dance for you, my gait and my stride, assembled with care to make us beautiful, to make our motion one, to meld our lives and create a new dance together with which to stun the world. The song is these words, the music our heart beats, linked as one, for they beat together, feeding of the same air and drinking of the same blood. This is my dance, the one I save for you each day, the one I wake for, the one I fall asleep to, and the one I save for you tonight. So breathe, move, and live, for it's by doing this that you guarantee love, and love is happiness. In this life, I'm happy.

I love you.

If the plane goes down...then what happens next?

No comments: